Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nclexion/public_html/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/ContentTag.php on line 47
The Infection Prevention Society has produced a training resource on infection prevention and control in care homes during the coronavirus pandemic
Care home residents are by definition a vulnerable group at risk of serious illness or death if they develop Covid-19, while there is also a high risk of disease spread through a home in which a resident or staff member is infected. Rigorous infection prevention and control measures are essential to prevent infection entering care homes or from spreading if a resident or staff member becomes infected.
The Infection Prevention Society has developed a Covid-19 infection prevention and control training resource for care home staff, which is in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
Topics included in the guidance include:
- Symptoms and severity of Covid-19;
- How the disease is spread;
- Sustained community transmission
- Preventing the spread of Covid-19
- Hand hygiene for residents and staff;
- Personal protective equipment
- Isolation for residents with known or suspected Covid-19;
- Facilitating visits to residents receiving end-of-life care;
- Minimising environmental contamination;
- Staff uniforms and safety at home;
- Staff with Covid-19.